National University Of Sciences And Technology
National university of sciences and technology (NUST) is the Pakistan’s number one university. Not only it stands at the first position in the list of top engineering universities in Pakistan, but it is also among top 120 Asian Universities and top 500 universities in the world. Originally composed of institutes of Armed Forces, the university now built massive campus with 1000 acres in Islamabad. It has 20 departments, more than 15000 students are currently studying in it. It has campuses in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Risalpur and Karachi.
Programs Offered by Nust
NUST, H-12 campus offers degrees in:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering and BS Computer Science
- Materials Engineering and Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Geoinformatics Engineering
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- BS Mathematics and BS Physics
- BS Business Administration and BS Science in Accounting and Finance
- BS Economics, BS Science in Mass Communication and BS Public Administration
- BS Architecture and BS Industrial Design
- BS Science in Applied Biosciences
Besides these programs Mechatronics Engineering , Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and Avionics Engineering are also offered in other campuses of NUST.
NUST Entrance Test Dates
Three entrance tests are conducted for NUST which are:
- Net-1, it is conducted in December.
- Net-2, it is conducted in April.
- Net-3, it is conducted in July.
Students can give any of these tests. Selection will be made on the basis of highest score in any test. NUST website is used to apply for test.
Nust Test Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum 60% marks are required in Matric/O levels and FSC/ICS/A levels.
NUST Merit Criteria
While calculating the aggregate Entrance test has weight-age of 75%, FSc has 15% and Matriculation 10% weight-age.
Formula to calculate aggregate of NUST:
Aggregate% = Net test marks/200 * 75 +FSC marks/1100 * 15 + Matric marks/1100 * 10
NUST Test Pattern
NUST test contains total 200 multiple choice questions. Time for the test is 3 hours.
Test Pattern For Scientific Fields:
- 80 Maths questions
- 60 Physics questions
- 30 Chemistry questions
- 20 English questions
- 10 IQ level testing questions
Test Pattern For Non-Scientific Fields:
- 80 Maths questions (Mostly Basic Maths)
- 80 English questions (SAT based)
- 40 IQ questions (eg. Decoding, Pick odd one out)
There is no negative marking in NET.